All of last week, I had the pleasure of visiting Thailand and experiencing some of the best hotels around the country – more specifically, in Phuket, Hua Hin and Bangkok. More details on the venues for weddings as well as details of the fabulous properties I stayed at are on my blog. The main purpose of this trip was to explore the locations for a destination wedding as well as experience the properties to get a true feel of them.
Thailand is gaining popularity as a destination for Indian weddings. Based on my experiences and interactions with local vendors, here are some of the reasons why I believe Thailand is the perfect destination for your Indian wedding:
- The flight duration from India is unbeatable. So, just a short air journey away, and you are in the ‘Land of Smiles’
- Flight costs are very reasonably priced. Air Asia has some very low airfares that make the trip extremely affordable.
- Hotels in Phuket and Hua Hin (both beach destinations) have outdoor beachfront, poolside and garden venues that are just gorgeous. The sunset behind you as you exchange your vows or during your wedding ceremony makes fantastic photographs.
- Hotels in Bangkok, have their own character. Although this is a busy, crowded city – the numerous hotels have large ballrooms each true to its character but one better than the other.
- The variety of flowers available in Thailand is just amazing! The most beautiful blooms as well as great floral design makes for exquisite mandaps, garlands and arrangements, which are a large part of the big Indian wedding!
- Entertainment options are numerous – Thai or Indian performers, and even international performers are readily available in Thailand itself.
- Due to the large Indian population in Thailand, most hotels are well equipped and knowledgeable to handle Indian catering and events. Professional caterers for other cuisines can also handle special dietary requirements for Indian weddings.
- The renowned Thai hospitality makes this location even more attractive as a wedding destination. The locals are extremely helpful and hospitable, the support and service I received whilst there was just fantastic.
- The famous tourist attractions and activities in Thailand are plenty – to keep your guests occupied between wedding celebrations.
- Costs in Thailand are not as high as you probably think! Hotel rooms and function rates are unbelievably low especially after we work out a good package.
- And last but not the least, Thai culture is unique and elegant – perfect to incorporate in your Indian wedding! Whether the Baraat or the Mandap, the entertainment or the grand welcomes – Thai infused elements will definitely create an impression your guests will not easily forget. Where else can you have a baby elephant pass your garlands to you? Where else can you have your Mandap on an infinity pool against a gorgeous sunset? Where else can you get such delicately made garlands and exotic blooms? Thailand – ‘The Land of Smiles’ is where it is all possible!